- Bautista believes that there was mutual interest in this contract, from both his side and the Blue Jays’.
- He had other opportunities and options, but wanted to come back to Toronto.
- Bautista is feeling better than he did last year, and believes that he can contribute on defence.
- Kendrys Morales is a “very capable replacement” to Edwin Encarnacion.
- Bautista doesn’t know how much contact his agent had with the Orioles.
- His agent, Jay Alou, said that the Orioles were not engaged.
- Bautista is open to playing first base this season.
- He is also open to returning to the leadoff spot.
- Finally, Stroman jumped in with a question about Booster Juice.
It was short and sweet from Bautista. As Ben Ennis and Ian Hunter noted, it sounded like he was trying to avoid saying something he shouldn’t. Perhaps he will become more open about his contract situation as spring training rolls around.